Friday, October 15, 2010

Every Good and Perfect Gift

It was my sixteenth birthday and my parents had an amazing surprise for me. It was a brand new CCM 10 speed Targa bicycle.




Wow, I was so excited that I couldn't stop thanking them.

As I think back over that, and many other wonderful blessings that I have received from my parents, I am reminded that my heavenly Father has blessed me beyond what I can ever understand or adequately describe.

James understood this and expressed it so well when he said:

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and comes down from the Father of lights,
with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning."
James 1:17

When it came to the bike, I couldn't stop telling anyone and everyone--who would listen--just how great my parents were for giving me such an awesome gift.

It makes me wonder what it is that holds me--what holds us--back from expressing the same love and overwhelming joy in and for our heavenly Father?

How has God blessed your life this week?

What is it that holds you back from sharing the joy of that overwhelming blessing?

Let us know by leaving a comment below,  and together let's become "little kids" again as we share the blessings of God--our heavenly Father--with everyone we can.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment