Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Minister of Grace

We celebrated the Lord’s Supper as a church family this past Sunday.  Not sure why but as I was receiving the elements from one of our servers the phrase “minister of grace” came to mind.  With my hands I received symbols meant to remind of God’s grace in Christ.  Something given to me freely.  Something that makes me smile, feel loved, secure and at peace. Yet also something that I did not or could not earn – I’ve tried. 

As I began to think about this idea more I asked myself “Do I live my life as a minister of grace?”  Do I serve symbols of grace to others just like the server did for me this past Sunday?  Do I dispense happiness?  Do I give love freely or with requirements?  Do I provide a sense of safety for others?  Do I speak words of peace?   

Just as the elements are symbols of God’s grace in Christ, my life can be.  I can be.  We can be.   Ministers of grace.  Something about that seems so right.   What do you think?

Gary 

If you want to hear an inspiring version of the song - Amazing Grace check this link out- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXV6HJxUebg

1 comment:

  1. Grace is a uniquely Christian virtue. "Ministering" it daily sure would make us stand out! Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment