Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Alone!

Ok...so I just read my blog on "summer slowdown" from July 7 (have you?) and now my summer vacation time has arrived!!

Summer vacation!  Just the words have a nice ring. Through the courtesy of the "post-dated post" option, I'll be away on vacation when this blog is actually posted. Cool!

As I retreat from normal activities for a time, I take comfort in the fact that even Jesus had some mini-vacations along the way: "After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray." (Mark 6:46)  King James says "there he was alone."  Jesus did this several times...I looked them up!

Mountainside...prayer...alone! Sounds like a good strategic plan for at least some of my summertime vacation.  How about you?

Gotta go now?  Remember, I'm on vacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment