Thursday, June 16, 2011

A path to the unexpected grace of God


Exodus 33:13
Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people."  (NKJV)

In Exodus 33, Moses was at Mount Sinai once again but with a renewed sense of the need for the presence and knowledge of God. But what I find interesting is the order of his request: (1) grace from God, (2) to know God’s way, (3) to know God himself, (4) to receive even more grace.  Maybe there’s a pattern to follow in this verse! Recognizing that God has been gracious, leads us to know and obey his ways, which in turn results in personal knowledge of HIM, which results in even more of God’s beneficence (“grace”). It reminds me that every time I want to experience more of God’s goodness, maybe I should be working on my obedience and knowledge of him first. Then I can expect the unexpected grace of God!  
What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment