Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not Like New....Completely NEW!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I think my BlackBerry is the best thing since sliced bread.  In case you're wondering what a BlackBerry is, simply click HERE to find out.  For those of you who couldn't be bothered to click that link, I will quickly tell you here: A BlackBerry is a Canadian made Smart Phone.  Basically, it is like a computer, telephone, day planner, gaming system, music and video player crammed into a piece of plastic small enough to fit in your pocket.

With my BlackBerry I keep in contact with others through the use of the internet, email, text messages and phones calls.  I also keep all of my day plans scheduled into my calendar and keep  notes (even sermon notes!) and reminders to myself using the different programs.  I have access to all of these things and even more at just the click of a button or two.

Early last week an operating system upgrade became available.  This upgrade promised to make my BlackBerry faster, more intuitive, easier to get around and more personalized.  I downloaded this new software and it did not disappoint.  It's like I now have a new BlackBerry.  Sure, it still looks the same on the outside, but it now operates like a totally different piece of technology.

Source: http://benweeks.tumblr.com/page/5


This week I was reading through Paul's second letter to the Corinthians.  In the fifth chapter he writes, 
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away;
behold, the new has come.  (2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV)
When we accept Christ and experience his love and mercy and his grace and forgiveness, and declare him as our Saviour, we become new creatures.  Note that Paul doesn't say that we become "like new creatures" but we become a NEW creation. Our physical appearance doesn't change, but the way we operate changes completely because we are now under the power of the Holy Spirit.

 Have you experienced this spiritual upgrade?  I'd love to hear your story about when you humbled yourself and accepted Christ and became a new creation in Him.  Will you share with us in the comment section below?

Bless ya!

Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment