Wednesday, March 2, 2011

People Watching

As I write this I am sipping on a cup of Breakfast Blend coffee from Timothy’s World Coffee at Fairview Mall.  They have a few chairs and tables set up in a patio style right in the middle of the main level floor.  Without really listening it is easy to hear the conversations of many people.  People everywhere, whether they are walking by or seated at a nearby table, are engaged in conversation.  Actually, as I more actively pay attention to my surroundings I have noticed that only one other man aside from myself is not speaking to anyone.   


Now, as I really pay attention (though not eavesdropping) I hear people speaking in all sorts of languages.  Most are speaking in English, many are speaking in some other colourful and beautiful language.  Though I am being careful not to hear the content of these numerous conversations, it is plain to see that everyone has plenty to say.  All of the words and bursts of laughter and shouts that express the emotions felt by all of these people have come together to create a beautiful ambiance.

Imagine what it would be like if all of these voices were praises to God.

Imagine what it would be like if all of these people had experienced the transforming power of Jesus Christ.

Imagine what it would be like if everyone was told and accepted by faith the Good News of Jesus Christ.

It sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?  Though I loved the sound of languages and expressed emotions, it hurts me that many of these people have likely never had the Gospel shared with them.

If you are a true follower of Jesus then it is your responsibility to be sharing about your faith in the true risen Saviour.  Jesus clearly instructs his followers when he speaks at the end of the Gospel of Matthew: 
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. (Matthew 28:19-20, ESV)
How closely have you been following Christ’s call for his followers?

I’m prayin’ for ya,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment